The Armitage Lectures
The Armitage Lecture is named to honour the immense contributions of Professor Peter Armitage CBE who was at the MRC Biostatistics Unit from 1947 to 1961, and whose work is recognised throughout the world as achieving a successful balance between methodological rigour and applied commonsense, to which all statisticians aspire.
- Armitage Lecture 2019 – Professor Miguel Hernan
- Armitage Lecture 2018 – Professor Barbara Engelhardt
- Armitage Lecture 2017 – Professor William F. Rosenberger
- Armitage Lecture 2016 – Professor Richard J. Cook
- Armitage Lecture 2015 – Prof. Dr. Leonhard Held