Nominations for the 2023 International Prize in Statistics are now open and will run to 15 August 2022. Here are some points to consider when choosing a nominee for the prize:
- The Prize is awarded for a major achievement that has been developed through a single contribution or through multiple contributions over a period of time. It is meant to recognize powerful ideas that lead to breakthroughs in statistics and data science and has demonstrated impact on applications, methodology, theory, or practice. The Prize can be awarded to individuals, teams, or organizations. It is presented at a major international meeting of statisticians, and supported by ceremonies and by intellectual activities that will enhance the visibility of the award event.
- Generally, the prize will be awarded to individuals, but in some cases, groups of individuals working on similar ideas—or even teams of individuals or organizations—could be recognized.
- The recipient(s) must be living at the time of selection for the award.
- The 2023 International Prize in Statistics will be announced in early 2023 and presented at the ISI World Statistics Congress in July 2023.
- Information about the award will be communicated to the public in a way that will enhance public understanding of the depth and scope of statistical science and its impact on modern life. Part of this information is captured through the nomination process.
See the 2023 International Prize in Statistics site for further instructions and the nomination form.