- Authors: Luc Bauwens, Christian M. Hafner, Sebastien Laurent
- Published Date: Apr 27, 2012
A complete guide to the theory and practice of volatility models in financial engineering Volatility has become a hot topic in this era of instant communications, spawning a great deal of research...
- Authors: Phillip I. Good, James W. Hardin
- Published Date: Aug 03, 2012
Praise for Common Errors in Statistics (and How to Avoid Them) "A very engaging and valuable book for all who use statistics in any setting."CHOICE "Addresses popular mistakes often...
- Authors: Alexander Komech, Elena Kopylova
- Published Date: Jul 31, 2012
A simplified, yet rigorous treatment of scattering theory methods and their applications Dispersion Decay and Scattering Theory provides thorough, easy-to-understand guidance on the...
A Modern Theory of Random Variation: With Applications in Stochastic Calculus, Financial Mathematics, and Feynman Integration book
- Authors: Patrick Muldowney
- Published Date: Oct 26, 2012
A ground-breaking and practical treatment of probability and stochastic processes A Modern Theory of Random Variation is a new and radical re-formulation of the mathematical underpinnings of subjects...
- Authors: V. Kumar, J. Andrew Petersen
- Published Date: Aug 24, 2012
Statistical Methods in Customer Relationship Management focuses on the quantitative and modeling aspects of customer management strategies that lead to future firm profitability, with emphasis on...
- Authors: Dirk P. Kroese, Thomas Taimre, Zdravko I. Botev
- Published Date: Apr 01, 2011
A comprehensive overview of Monte Carlo simulation that explores the latest topics, techniques, and real-world applications More and more of today’s numerical problems found in engineering and...
The Analysis of Covariance and Alternatives: Statistical Methods for Experiments, Quasi-Experiments, and Single-Case Studies, 2nd Edition book
- Authors: Bradley Huitema
- Published Date: Dec 02, 2011
A complete guide to cutting-edge techniques and best practices for applying covariance analysis methods The Second Edition of Analysis of Covariance and Alternatives sheds new light on its topic,...
- Authors: Allen Rubin, Jennifer Bellamy
- Published Date: Sep 07, 2012
Praise for the previous edition "An extraordinary and important book. Its approach to evidence-based practice (EBP) is very sound, realistic, and generous to the complexities of everyday...