Check out the most popular items from StatisticsViews.com over the last 7 days.
Volume 77 Issue 2 (August 2009) journal issue
- Published Date: Aug 01, 2009
Volume 174 Issue 3 (July 2011) journal issue
- Published Date: Jul 01, 2011
Volume 76 Issue 2 (August 2008) journal issue
- Published Date: Aug 01, 2008
Volume 171 Issue 1 (January 2008) journal issue
- Published Date: Jan 01, 2008
Volume 30 Issue 4 (April 2010) journal issue
- Published Date: Apr 01, 2010
- Authors: Jessica James, Ian Marsh, Lucio Sarno
- Published Date: Aug 06, 2012
Praise for Handbook of Exchange Rates “This book is remarkable. I expect it to become the anchor reference for people working in the foreign exchange field.” Richard K. Lyons, Dean and Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley “It is quite easily the most wide ranging treaty of expertise on the forex market I have ever come across. I will be keeping a copy close to my fingertips.” Jim O’Neill, Chairman, Goldman Sachs Asset...
Volume 33 Issue 2 (March 2012) journal issue
- Published Date: Mar 01, 2012
- Authors: Luc Bauwens, Christian M. Hafner, Sebastien Laurent
- Published Date: Apr 27, 2012
A complete guide to the theory and practice of volatility models in financial engineering Volatility has become a hot topic in this era of instant communications, spawning a great deal of research in empirical finance and time series econometrics. Providing an overview of the most recent advances, Handbook of Volatility Models and Their Applications explores key concepts and topics essential for modeling the volatility of financial time series, both univariate and multivariate, parametric and...
- Authors: Michael Stumpf, David J. Balding, Mark Girolami
- Published Date: Oct 21, 2011
Systems Biology is now entering a mature phase in which the key issues are characterising uncertainty and stochastic effects in mathematical models of biological systems. The area is moving towards a full statistical analysis and probabilistic reasoning over the inferences that can be made from mathematical models. This handbook presents a comprehensive guide to the discipline for practitioners and educators, in providing a full and detailed treatment of these important and emerging subjects. Leading...
Many‐valued Logic in Multistate and Vague Stochastic Systems journal article
- Journal: International Statistical Review
- Authors: Kimberly F. Sellers, Nozer D. Singpurwalla
- Published Date: Jul 28, 2008
Summary The state of the art in coherent structure theory is driven by two assertions, both of which are limiting: (1) all units of a system can exist in one of two states, failed or functioning; and (2) at any point in time, each unit can exist in only one of the above states. In actuality, units can exist in more than two states, and it is possible that a unit can simultaneously exist in more than one state. This latter feature is a...
Volume 30 Issue 6 (June 2010) journal issue
- Published Date: Jun 01, 2010
Conjoint Measurement with Constraints on Attribute Levels: A... journal article
- Journal: International Statistical Review
- Authors: Damaraju Raghavarao, James B. Wiley
- Published Date: Jul 02, 2009
Summary Traditional and choice‐based conjoint analyses (CAs) have used full or fractional factorial designs to generate concept profile descriptions. However, these designs confound two factors when costs are associated with attributes: first is the total cost of the concept profile, and second is the allocation of costs among the attributes. Both factors may influence consumers' preferences. So far, these issues have not...
Volume 70 Issue 1 (February 2008) journal issue
- Published Date: Feb 01, 2008
Volume 33 Issue 1 (January 2012) journal issue
- Published Date: Jan 01, 2012
Volume 28 Issue 3 (June 2008) journal issue
- Published Date: Jun 01, 2008
Volume 175 Issue 2 (April 2012) journal issue
- Published Date: Apr 01, 2012
Volume 29 Issue 4 (April 2009) journal issue
- Published Date: Apr 01, 2009
Volume 64 Issue 1 (March 2008) journal issue
- Published Date: Mar 01, 2008
Volume 30 Issue 2 (February 2010) journal issue
- Published Date: Feb 01, 2010
Incidence‐based estimates of life expectancy of the healthy... journal article
- Journal: Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society)
- Authors: Ehsan Khoman, James Mitchell, Martin Weale
- Published Date: Jan 10, 2008
Summary. Will the UK's aging population be fit and independent, or suffer from greater chronic ill health? Life expectancy of healthy people represents the expected number of years of healthy well‐being that a life‐table cohort would experience if age‐specific rates of mortality and disability prevailed throughout the cohort's lifetime. Robust estimation of this life expectancy is thus essential for examining whether additional years of...